RAVE Mission/Values/Demands Updated
Vision: To ensure that all Colorado students receive an authentic, whole, and equitable public education in order to become productive citizens within a diverse, multicultural and democratic society.
Mission: Mobilize students, parents, teachers, AFT/NEA members, and citizens in order to educate Colorado on the consequences of corporate driven privatization of public education.
We need courageous members who will:
- Proclaim public education as a human right and fight for it.
- Demand equitable, caring, and democratically driven neighborhood schools with equal participation from students, parents, teachers and community members.
- Fight for a strong contract and excellent working conditions for all.
- Fight for a student-driven learning environment in every classroom.
- Demand authentic assessment and curriculum that is responsive to students in real time.
- Demand full funding of public education with an eye on specific needs of students (including the tools and resources that teachers and students need).
- Empower union membership to advocate for our profession, our students, and our schools.
- Protect teacher autonomy and professionalism.
- Speak the truth about the harm that corporate education “reform” policies have done to our students, teachers, and schools.