RAVE: Our Vision/Mission and Demands
RAVE: Re-igniting Assocation Values for Educators
Vision: To unify Colorado and ensure that all students receive an authentic, whole, and equitable public education in order to become productive citizens within a diverse and democratic society.
Mission: Mobilize students, parents, teachers, AFT/NEA members, and citizens in order to educate Colorado on the consequences of current education reform and advocate for public education.
We need courageous members who will:
- Demand equitable and democratically driven schools with equal participation from students, parents, teachers and community members.
- Fight for a strong contract and excellent working conditions.
- Fight for a student-driven learning environment in every classroom .
- Demand student-driven assessment and curriculum.
- Demand full funding of public education.
- Demand fair and responsible teacher evaluation.
- Empower union membership to advocate for our profession, our students and our schools.
- Protect teacher autonomy and professionalism.
- Speak the truth in order for members to determine the best course of action.
- Proclaim public education as a human right and fight for it.